Tuesday, September 6, 2011

On the Ground, but not Running

So I am on the ground here in China. My internal clock has yet to fully adjust (the joys of crossing about 15 timezones), and I have yet to arrive in the small city (small by Chinese standards = 100,000 to 250,000) where I will be teaching. It's a little bit odd being back in China after so long away. There are many things that are very much like I remember from my last time here. Of course, some things have changed. It will be interesting to try and relearn everything I have forgotten. I know Guangxi is not Yunnan, I just hope I find some of the same things in Guangxi which made me fall in love with Yunnan.

At the moment, I have to post and run. In about ten minutes, I have to make the trek over to my survival Chinese class. After that, my roommate and I will be presenting our lesson to our fellow program participants and fellow teachers. I just hope I don't mess things up too horribly, as I tend to be a fast speaker when nervous. When I next post, I hope I will have my own small apartment! Granted, it will only be mine for a year or so, but that will be more than enough.

All the best to everyone out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment